- Congratulations to all six students who participated in the Georgia Allstate Orchestra auditions this past Saturday! I am so proud that they represented Daniell in the best light possible and did an amazing job!
- A special congratulations is extended to Danisia A., Christian P., and Joshua N. for passing the first round of auditions! They will now move on to round two in which they compete against the best young musicians in the state for a chance to perform in Athens, GA with the GMEA Allstate Orchestra!
District Honor Orchestra
- 7/8 grade students have been given a blue packet with information regarding the District Honor Orchestra auditions occurring during the morning of 12/1. Please encourage your child to audition if they are willing to work hard on the audition music.
- The cost is $20 for the audition which pays for the event, clinicians, judges and so forth. This is a non-refundable fee under any circumstances as I will need to pay our fees before being given any audition slots.
- I am aware that the Duke TIP program is administering an SAT on that same morning. I contacted the organizer of the state sponsored orchestra event and though they will not move the auditions, I do believe we will be able to audition your child AFTER the SAT is over. Both events are being held at Sprayberry, so they would simply need to leave the SAT room and head to the orchestra area for the audition. If you are a Duke TIP candidate and haven’t emailed me already, please do so asap so that I can be sure to make note and schedule you at the end of the audition day.
- If a child passes the audition, the event is held in March on a Friday evening and all day on Saturday. They then have a concert at 3pm that same Saturday. It is NOT an ongoing ensemble with long term commitments.
- The Poinsettia fundraiser is approaching very soon! We will be selling Marble and Red poinsettia plants for $10 each. They are absolutely gorgeous and I’m sure that everyone will love them.
- This is one of our biggest and most popular fundraisers here at Daniell MS and will be held with Orchestra, Band and Chorus at the same time. Please consider participating so that we can continue to provide the latest and greatest educational tools in the classroom.
- This year, eighth graders only will be able to use a portion of their profits towards their own personal Disney trip total. Details to follow soon.
- Eighth grade Disney paperwork has been given out on hot pink paper! (If you intend to go with Chorus instead, please return the light yellow paper, NOT the pink one)
- Please ensure that you return the completed back page on both sides with your initial deposit as soon as you can. All Disney paperwork should be going straight to the front office where our book keeper will sign off on it. No money or Disney papers should be entering the turn in bin inside the orchestra room.
- Yes the due date is November 1st, however I would turn it in ASAP in order to grab your spot on the list before we reach capacity and move to a waiting list.
- A prospective chaperone meeting will be held on Thursday 10/18 in the chorus room (Listed on Charms calendar). If you’re interested in chaperoning, it is highly recommended that you attend this meeting.
- Eighth grade will have their next playing test due on Charms in 2 weeks on 10/28.
- Seventh grade has a playing test due this Sunday 10/21 on Charms. Please see the Charms tab, the Charms website, or ParentVUE for details. Music has been posted on the Charms tab for student convenience.
- Students will be having their written final for Unit 2 next week. Please make sure that your student is reviewing their materials and practicing at home.
- Sixth grade has a playing test due this Sunday 10/21 on Charms. Please see the Charms tab, the Charms website, or ParentVUE for details. Music has been posted on the Charms tab for student convenience.
- A conflict concerning an event on campus has arisen for the date of the Winter concert. Please stay tuned for updates, but we will likely be moving to Tuesday of that same week.
- Just a reminder, Chamber will be meeting 8-8:50 on Thursday morning 10/18 to compensate for not being able to meet after school during early release. Please ensure that your child arrives at 8am so that we can begin as quickly as possible. I will pick the students up from the theater study hall.
- If you are a sixth grader or not a member of Chamber, please note that you do not need to be here early.