- Make-Up Cobb County Honor Orchestra auditios will be held at DODGEN MIDDLE SCHOOL (1725 Bill Murdock Rd, Marietta, GA 30062) on Saturday, February 10th. The same times that were given on the student’s green sheet of paper apply. Please see Mrs. Newton if you need another time sheet. Parents must enter via the bus ramp and follow the signs to enter at the BACK of the school. Do not attempt to enter at the front entrance as the doors will be locked.
- Philharmonic Saturday LGPE Clinic on Feb 10 and Sinfonia after school rehearsal on Feb 7 are CANCELLED. I am working diligently to reschedule these events, but due to our surprise winter weather and the flu epidemic, things have been a little cramped and I’m not sure it’s going to be possible this year. Please do not plan to attend either of these events listed on your syllabus.
LGPE DATES/TIMES AT LASSITER HIGH SCHOOL:
- 7th Grade Philharmonic – Monday 2/12 @ 2pm (5th Period)
- 8th Grade Philharmonic – Tuesday 2/13 @ 4:15pm (1st Period)
- 7/8 Grade Sinfonia – Wednesday 2/14 @ 1:30pm (2nd & 4th Period)
Parents are welcome to come out and watch our orchestras perform at the above times, but Daniell will be providing transportation to the event via charter bus.
- I am in desperate need of parent chaperones for each day. Please let me know if you are able to accompany us to these events by emailing me at [email protected]bk12.org. We need parental help for these performances to be possible. Thank you in advance for your support.
I will be passing out specific details regarding when students will be leaving school via charter bus and returning to Daniell. 7 Phil and 7/8 Sinfonia will return before the end of the school day, but 8 Phil will return to Daniell after 5pm.
6th GRADE JAMBOREE CONCERT:
6th Grade orchestra will perform their first concert on Thursday March 22nd in the Daniell Gym. Students will need to go home, eat, and then return to Daniell for rehearsal at 5pm. Will will be performing our concert for parents starting promptly at 6:30pm. We will be performing alongside McClesky MS and Palmer MS 6th grade orchestras, so please arrive with time to find parking for the performance. More details to follow soon via handout in class.