Hello Orchestra Families!
- PLAYING TESTS are posted on our Charms tab every week, including the sheet music needed for it. Eighth grade has a weekly test due every Sunday by 10pm. 7th grade just had their Unit 1 playing test this past Sunday. Please encourage your child to check this page regularly so that they know what is coming up. I have all assessments posted on ParentVUE and Charms weeks in advance, so a busy weekend is not an excuse to miss the test. Students have all week to complete playing assessments and their grade will reflect their performance with detailed feedback provided individually on Charms to further assist them with their practicing.
- We are still waiting on our method book shipment to arrive. If you did not pay the $10 book fee, then your child is responsible for having their own book in class as soon as possible. Stickers are available at the work desk in our classroom so that every child’s book is labeled with their name to prevent loss. **Please see supply list for book title details.
- The Fall concert is being relocated. Lassiter HS is doing construction and is unable to host performing groups during the month of October. I am working hard to find the best solution, however we may simply use the gym for our Fall concert. Please stay tuned for more details and plan to keep the same date listed on our calendar for now.
- Allstate fees of $25 are due by September 11th if you plan to audition. Please fill out the allstate form under the auditions tab and bring cash/check to school or use my payments plus online.
- Polo shirt orders must be completed ASAP. If I do not have an order for you, I have emailed you with the link. If you received this email in error because you already purchased, please disregard. My Payments Plus has it listed as 6th Grade Performing Arts Polo Shirts. You should not pay for the shirt in their lunch account or any other account, as our book keeper can’t retrieve the money from lunch accounts for other items.
- Students are currently performing their first in-class performance assessments! They should be able to demonstrate playing position, bow hold, Ant song, Tukkatukkas and tell you their string names in order from highest to lowest. Please encourage them to try and teach you what they know for extra practice and understanding.
- Students need their blue Sound Innovations books in class as soon as possible. We only have a few more lessons planned before the book becomes a necessity. Please be sure to get this from a local music store or amazon asap.
- Please encourage your students to turn in their work diligently with their name written clearly at the top of every page. Almost daily, students are turning things in without names on them. In middle school, it is impossible to figure out every no-name page every time. Grades reflect what I have received completed and no late work is accepted at Daniell Middle School unless a child is absent. When a child is absent, please remind them to check the “What’d I Miss” folder to pick up work.